Bold Bean Co
How does a bean-biz celebrate The Coronation? with a CORONATION CHICKPEA.
Everyone loves a coronation chicken - nostalgic, VERY BRITISH + now, darn sustainable as you can sub the chicken for Queen Chickpeas. SORTED!
You can serve it the standard way by stuffing it in a sandwich, but we prefer to serve it as a big party platter by tumbling those plump chickpeas onto a bed of crunchy lettuce leaves. If you're doing the latter, go ahead and double the recipe for a real feast for the whole table, (or street party!), to get stuck into.
1 x 700g jar of Bold Bean Co Queen Chickpeas (or 2 x 400g tins), drained
- 3 heaped tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thick greek yoghurt
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 150 g red grapes, sliced in half
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons bombay mixed
Either as a platter on a bed of crunchy lettuce: 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- Or, as a sandwich: 1 loaf of fresh, quality bread
For the crunchy bits
Add the chickpeas, mayo, yoghurt, curry powder, cinnamon, mango chutney, grapes, and coriander to a bowl and season with black pepper and salt, to taste. Mix well to combine.
To assemble, arrange the lettuce leaves on the base of a large serving platter. Tumble the coronation chickpea on top and scatter with the crunchy bits, if using. If you’re serving as a sandwich, layer one slice of bread of a few lettuce leaves, a few good spoonfuls of the coronation chickpea and top with the crunchy bits. Place another slice of bread on top.